Vacate Washington Felony Conviction

The state of Washington allows the court to vacate certain nonviolent convictions. Once vacated (expunged), the case is no longer deemed a conviction. State law gives you the right to state to anyone, including prospective employers, that you were NOT convicted of that offense, after a vacate motion has been granted.

Not all offenses are eligible and you must meet a waiting period that starts from the time you complete your probation and pay all fines and restitution. Take the free Washington online eligibility test to see if you are eligible. is a sponsor of this site.

The waiting periods are:

  • Class B Felony: 10 Years
  • Class C Felony: 5 Years
  • Domestic Violence: 5 Years (Must be the only conviction involving Domestic Violence)
  • Misdemeanor: 3 Years
  • Gross Misdemeanor: 3 Years
  • Diversion/Deferred Judgment: 2 Years
  • Sex offenses and DUI offenses are not eligible
  • Felonies prior to 1984 did not have an expungement statute. Therefore, we can petition the judge and ask for the current expungement law to be applied.

The typical case in Washington takes about 3 to 4 months. The courts operate on a first-come, first-served basis, so the sooner you start, the sooner your record is cleared.

You can try to consult with a professional law firm to find out more about how to clear your record:

Free Record Clearing Check

A professional law firm will make it so that you do not even have to show up in court. It is possible to have an attorney represent you in court so you can move on with your life without having to schedule in a court appearance.

Record Gone Footer Advertisement